Learn From The Pros: Top 5 Ways To Detox Your Body For A Slimmer You
Detoxing can do your body a whole lot of good and not just make your eyes light up and your skin glow. It’s known to improve energy levels, help boost digestion and also aid you in shedding a couple of kilos as well.
While it may appear like the latest diet that’s in trend – one that involves no alcohol, no milk, no grains and no sugar – a detox is not a fast fix to lose weight.
The goal of a detox plan is one that allows your organs to take a breather from detoxifying the body – while giving it time to support and heal itself. Our liver, bowel and kidneys work round the clock to clean all the junk that we eat. Giving it some time off, through detoxing for a short period will do your body a whole lot of good.
Do we still have your interest piqued? Allow us to introduce a safe, seven-day program for a better, slimmer you.
Check your planner and jot down a week where you can take a breather from social events that may put a damper on your detox. As birthdays, weddings and special functions are rife with tempting treats, it’s best to avoid them altogether. You may experience cleansing side effects such as headaches or diarrhea a couple of days into your detox. This happens as your body is suddenly deprived of certain foods and under the stimulation of detoxifying organs. Fret not for these symptoms usually fade away in two days or less.
Stuff You Should Be Avoiding
- Milk products (unsweetened yoghurt is fine)
- Honey, sugar, maple syrup, artificial sweeteners
- Grains: wheat (biscuits, bread, pasta, cakes), rye, barley, oats, rice and spelt
- Dried fruit
Foods you can enjoy
- All fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables of any sort
- Lean red meat, skinless chicken. Just 2 servings each week.
- Fish: fresh, olive oil or canned in water
- Legumes: canned or dried, such as chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils
- Organic eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil, unprocessed coconut oil
- Nuts: walnuts, raw unsalted almonds, cashews and macadamias
- Seeds: pumpkin, raw unsalted sesame, and sunflower seeds
- White tea, green tea,, decaffeinated black tea
- Two to three litres of water per day
Your 7 Day Detox Plan – Easy Ways To Achieving Your Goal
- A refreshing glass of lemon juice: A tried and trusted remedy, this helps you kickstart your
digestion and cleanse the immune system. Simply squeeze half a lemon into a glass of hot
water. Drink this right after your breakfast.
- Exercise:Your goal here is to aim for at least an hour’s worth of exercise each day. And not just light exercise. You’ll need something that makes you sweat and get your blood pumping. A jog at the park, walking uphill, pilates or a Zumba class will help increase lymph flow and circulation as you sweat out the toxins.
- Raw foods:Avoid processed and cooked meals. Go with raw foods as they provide more nutrients and enzymes which are vital for detoxing. Add a dash of fresh sprouts to a daily serving of salad.
- Detox the mind:Your body isn’t the only thing that needs detoxing, it’s also important to clear your mind from all distractions and clutter. Try and get 15 minutes of meditation each day. If you’re unsure on how to initiate, try belly breathing instead. Begin by positioning hands palm down on your lower belly. Count down from 4 to 1 as you slowly inhale through your nostrils. Notice how your tummy rises with each passing breath. Exhale at the same pace, as your belly begins to dip. Practice this for 15 minutes each day.
- Drink:Try and drink 12 cups of fluid each day as they work wonders in moving the lymph and aid in detoxifying your kidneys. Pick from fresh vegetable juice, herbal detox teas or pure spring water. Or if you rather make it on your own, try mix a combination of Dandelion nettle and root, calendula, burdock, red clover and cleavers. Just add a dash of the dried herbs to a cup of boiling water. Allow to rest for a couple of minute, strain and enjoy.
- Body brushing:For increased circulation and skin detoxification, practice doing this each day. With the aid of a natural fibre body brush or a loofah, brush your skin with firm circular strokes before showering. Begin from your hands and feet, before working up towards the legs and arms, while avoiding the delicate areas of your face, throat, rash and sore spots. Head into the shower next before ending it with a 60 second burst of cold water to help aid blood circulation. Your skin will be left feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Chew: Try and chew every mouthful of food 10 to 12 times before you swallow. As this helps bring mindfulness to your meals and improves digestion, you’ll feel a sense of fullness without the need to binge.
Forenote:Do not attempt this detox diet if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, are underweight or have high blood pressure.
While detox may be helpful for slimming purposes, do consult with an expert before attempting such a diet as there are certain risks associated with it. At Dorra Slim Singapore, we remain ever passionate in instilling confidence among women through our tried and tested slimming treatments. Should you require more information about the list of treatment options, do drop us a line and we’ll get back to you.